Things necessary for the maintenance and care of a kitten
The arrival of a kitten in the house is a joyful event for the whole family, and so that nothing would spoil it, it is necessary to prepare in advance for the fact that a new inhabitant will appear in the house. What do you need to do first? Buy everything that will provide your pet a comfortable life. There are not so many of them, so you won’t have to spend a lot of money.
Cup for feeding
It is recommended to buy at least three pieces: one each for water and separate containers for dry and wet products.
When choosing dishes, pay attention to the material of the dishes. It is best to use metal, glass or porcelain bowls. They are hygienic and safe. It is not recommended to use plastic dishes. This is the least hygienic option: harmful bacteria and microorganisms can easily breed on plastic, which can lead to kitten poisoning and other digestive problems.
Toilets for cats are different: open, closed, with or without filler. Experts recommend choosing open cat trays with fillings. Experience shows that kittens most often get used to this toilet.
As for the shape, color and model of the tray, in pet stores there is a choice for every taste. This is the choice of the owner.
The right mixture will effectively eliminate unavoidable odors. There are several types of tray fillers:
- Absorbent. Consists of natural substances and minerals. There is no need to replace it every time your kitten goes to the toilet;
- Coming together. Consists of small clay granules. When liquid gets on them, they begin to form lumps that need to be thrown away;
- Natural. It also consists of natural substances, usually cellulose. Under the influence of moisture, the filler decomposes and can even be thrown into the toilet;
- Silicate. It consists of a dried gel, the granules of which perfectly isolate moisture and unpleasant odors. This filler is considered one of the most modern and high quality, but not sold everywhere.
Place for overnight equipment
It can be a special bed, a basket or a house. The main thing is that your pet is warm, soft and comfortable. Comfortable bed rest will also help if your pet needs to get rid of the bad habit of sleeping in the owner’s bed.
It is necessary to take care of creating maximum comfort in that part of the room where the place is located, because the kitten, especially the small one, sleeps a lot.
Kitten Care Products
Various devices not only help to monitor the appearance of the kitten, but also ensure its hygiene and health. The most important tools are:
- Nail scissors that allow you to cut your nails painlessly;
- Shampoo designed specifically for cats;
- Scaffolds and calculations.
Rubber balls and tweeters in the form of various animals are ideal for your kitten.
At the same time, toys with small parts that are easy to swallow should be avoided. Objects with long ropes, where the kitten can become tangled and suffocate, pose a certain danger. It is better not to leave the kitten alone with such pleasure.
Many of these things are not acquired once and can even serve animals all their lives, so you should choose them responsibly.